Some of my zentangling

Hello everyone!

Today I have been busy making more space & packing away more craft stash in order to have the room ready for the mattress to be delivered tomorrow for the craft room bed.

I actually have achieved a lot of floor space today.  That may sound strange but when you think boxes & boxes covered the floor - it means - lots of them have gone.  I am actually left with 3 boxes & 3 plastic crates which I am hoping to sort & remove tomorrow morning.  Of course there are loads more boxes stashed elsewhere in the bungalow & the summerhouse.  But - hey! I am getting there.

When I stopped sorting in order to prepare my dinner I quickly took a photo of a couple of pieces of Zentangling I did on holiday.  The craft is Zentangle - the process of doing it is - Zentangling - so does that mean I have Zentangled?

Here are two photos I took of what I created on holiday -


This bow was a stencil that came as part of a Fiskars Parchment Embossing System.  This was the simple outline stencil - which I thought just lent itself to Zentangle.



This was a chipboard word which I had bought some time back to paint & stamp on - so before going on holiday I drew around it in black pen on some white card, then Zentangled it.  I did a little bit everyday either when we sat around before going out - or when we came back after a day out. Very relaxing.

There are things which I might do differently but all in all I love it. With some designs it is difficult (at least in the early stages) of balancing how much black colouring to use.  It is needed to give texture to the design - but how much!

I am really enjoying this technique but it is not going to take me from my rubber stamping - in fact - I look at all my stamps differently at the moment.  This is a good thing as so often you can tire of a stamp & it gets put to the back of a drawer & not used for ages.  On that basis I found quite a few stamps that I have had for a while that will be great for this.  Forgive me if I have already mentioned (but I might just have said it at the Mold meeting) but I have some stamps of CaroLines which in the early days of her creating stamps were used to stamp over pre-printed paper. I have a fan in 3 sizes, a cracker in 2 sizes & quite a few flowers.  So watch this space - they are being given a new lease of life.

Tomorrow night is the September meeting for Mold II - so see you ladies there.

That is it for today - night night.



Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post