catching up

Good evening everyone, I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas & that you are looking forward to the New Year.

Well - I guess first I will update you with our health problems.  I think the last thing I said was that I had to wait until the Monday before Christmas to see the practice nurse for my vaccination. Midway through Monday morning I had not heard anything so I rang the surgery.  The receptionist said there was no appointment arranged for me - so I told her the story - she then looked at my record & said I wasn't eligible.  I questioned this stressing the visiting doctor saying I had to be vaccinated if not immune & she went off the line to ask a doctor.  She came back apologetic - finally I thought! - oh no ........ vaccinations against shingles can be given to 70 year old & 79 year old ......... but nothing in between.........therefore I was not eligible. Now I could have written a whole page on my response to this - but suffice to say - I was not a happy bunny & my words are not for printing.  Just beware if I get chickenpox or shingles.

Despite all those goings on we had a very nice Christmas Day, with the boys & their partners round.  A great afternoon playing board games - well one actually - Logo.  Interesting game - you don't realise how much you are reliant on ITV for those sort of games - or of course your eyes open wide whilst you are out shopping.

Our daughter-in-law had to work Boxing day, so it fell upon me to take her in to work & then pick her up in the evening. Not that I minded but it is a job that Bob normally takes on.  Russ spent the day with us whilst she was at work - we just sat around watching TV - perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned that seeing as she was working hard.

Then Friday Bob & I had the day to ourselves & did nothing.  I was too tired to do anything.  I know Bob can't help what happened to him - but because of it - I have done everything for the last
2/3 weeks.  I have no complaints about doing it - but I have just realised - I am no longer 17.  17! - hell I am no longer 67!.  I have never been so tired in all my life.

Today we had another day just the 2 of us.  I had to do a little bit of shopping first thing.  First thing - now there is another laugh for you.  I got up, made a cup of tea, took it back to bed & watch C&C, & recorded programmes on TV until 9:30.  Then I showered & went shopping. After that it really was another day of doing nothing.  I am glad to say that Bob is beginning to get his appetite back - even eating some of the chocolates he had for Christmas - but bless him - he is still in a lot of discomfort.  But hey, things can only get better.

If they get better - enough - we hope to be going to Gareth & Elayne for New Years Eve, taking Russ & Nadine with us.

I know this blog is really for the stamping news - but you all seem to like to read about my family & things - so there you have it - an update on the latest saga.

Thank you to all of you who made us cards & gave presents - they were much appreciated, & when I take the cards down I will photograph them & put them here.

Staring tomorrow I have birthday cards to make for New Year birthdays - so hopefully I will get my mojo back & you will have craft things to read about.

Thats me - I am off to bed.  Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post