csnw photos - part 2

Hello again.

Now for the photos from the project last night - which was the Ghosting technique.  There are lovely results & they are missing the extra stamping stage - so they would look even more stunning. If you are puzzled by that statement CSNW ladies - then read the instruction notes you were given & see also the highlighted paragraph in last night's post.  Despite my list at the side of me of what to do & when - I missed a step.  You just cannot get the staff these days can you! Don't answer that.

Not all of them were made into cards, so when they weren't on a card I grouped the 3 pieces together to photograph.


Some great ghosting there & that is just the right sort of stamp for this technique. Great layout on each piece.


This will look even better when it has had the second stamping on it - because then there will be more detail & colour.


Another good ghost & they have been put on a card. Apart from a great technique it is also a way of using up small pieces of card that you would normally throw away.


This one was a bit of a blurry photo - but I have managed to sharpen it up some.
Great ghosting & think what extra stamping would do to it. Also another card made.


This one not only made it to a card it has a greeting too.
Those daisies are so effective in this technique.


Oops! how did they get in there - they were the ones I demo'd


This shows how effective it can still be on lighter card.  I think the main drama is on darker card - but I like the effect on these colours.  Also the top layer stamping was done in black over the white.  Looks good.


This was another blurry photo - but I have managed to sharpen it.  Also another black on white ghosting again.


These lacy type floral stamps also work very well as shown here.  So basically I think - forget my earlier statement about a perfect image - anything works.


Talking about anything works - how about this apple in black & white.


This has photographed rather pale - although I did darken it a little.  I suggest you click on it for a better image.  Very delicate image & has also made it to a card.

Well, that is all 3 clubs that have now tried this technique & I think everyone has enjoyed it & been surprised by their own efforts.  So thank you once again to Joanna for bringing it to our attention.

Oh yes! I must also give another thank you - especially from the CSNW ladies as only one of them possessed a Stamp Positioner.  The thank you is to Nigel - Joanna's husband - who made a supply of them for us.  Thank you Nigel.

Right, that is me done for now.  I still have some cards to make & on Saturday I am off to another altered canvas workshop.  This time it is a little more heritage / vintage style & includes a photo.  I am not sure how I feel about heritage as the photo I am using is one of me with my grand-daughter when she was little.  Still it will be a nice keepsake - providing I do it ok.

Take care in this awful wind - no getting blown over.

'Bye for now.



Comments

  1. There are some great examples of Ghosting here and, as you said, they would look even better with a second stamping :) Actually, there's nothing to stop anyone 'fixing' the ones above, just stamp again on the 'positioner' (not forgetting to use both bits of it for this), line it up neatly and go over that first coloured stamping. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna - I should have thought of saying that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko