just chatting

Hi everyone
Ooh - I have just had a very frustrating time trying to sign into blogger to add this post.  They keep trying to change things & make you join other elements of Google & you can't see how to get beyond it.  I just wanted to get this far & write a post for you.

In the end you have to start thinking differently - like - " I wonder where else I can click on something that takes me to the area I know & love".

So using that lateral thinking - here I am.

I had a very pleasant day out with Nadine today.  We nipped over to M&S at Cheshire Oaks to get her nut roast & one or two other things for our Christmas meal plus nibbles & took time out to partake of a coffee & delicious fruit cake whilst having a good natter.  Then we popped over to Inspirations in Bromborough - it is the place where I bought all the silk flowers for my wedding (& in fact those for Nadine & Russ's wedding too when I did their flowers).  I bought a very nice Christmas Garland to hang on the front door & a really cute Christmas scene that is lit by batteries to put on my hearth. I just love all those sort of ornaments. They also had these amazing tapestries lit by LED lights - some of them - Thomas Kincade scenes. If you click on the name Thomas Kincade in the last sentence (fingers crossed it will take you to a Google option for images of his work).  Joanna Sheen has a CD with his work on.  Anyway these tapestries had these little LED lights sewn in to them which brought his pictures alive.  I couldn't work out where or more importantly how I would be able to hang one in the house -  they are beautiful & I really wanted one.  They came complete with the traditional hanging pole? Don't think I have anywhere they would go. We will see.

From Inspirations we popped to Burley Dam - so I could check my workshops there.  Yes! that is where I am doing my other workshops.  I bought a couple of embossing folders that I fell for & was then surprised when I was given a Christmas Present from the management of the garden centre for working with them to help promote their craft workshops.  Amazing & absolutely delightful.  I wonder what it is - as it was quite heavy.  I never open those presents until Christmas morning - just after my breakfast & before family present giving.  This year we have decided to cut back on present giving & to enjoy the getting together more.  Have to think of some things to do - like board games, quizzes etc.  Ooh - I have just thought of one. Can't wait.

Anyway that was my day - I hope yours was just as delightful.

Tomorrow sees the last of my monthly lunches - so when that is over - it is really down to sorting Christmas at Home.  Cards are ready to post.  Most of the food is organised.  But there must still be lots to do - oh yes - put the tree up this weekend.  I don't like it up too early.

Two weeks today is Christmas SDay - amazing - where does time go & then in 10 days time it is the shortest day of the year & the days start to lengthen out again.  How quick has that gone?

Time for bed - night night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post