comfort zone ...

... out of it that is!

Hi everyone - I mentioned yesterday that I had made two cards that were out of my comfort zone. I think that was the right way to describe it - they aren't way out really, but certainly different for me.

The first one came about like this


The square background paper is a page out of the pad that I used to create my friends 50th birthday card with & it was still open on my desk.  Behind it in the pad was the smaller piece which as you can see I have stamped some outline flowers on.  That part page matches the bottom corner of the square page. The flowers were stamped in Versamark Ink & embossed in gold EP.


Next I cut out the flowers & stamped some vines again in Versamark & gold EP, plus a "birthday wishes" stamp in black.


This is the finished card. I layered the square page onto some cream paper leaving a small margin & then onto green paper leaving a narrow margin.  This was then mounted onto an 8x8 scalloped edge card, after I had stamped & embossed the vine stamp around the edge.  I needed to do that to take the whiteness off.  Then I layered up the flowers, added little pearl centres & glued them at the top of the vines.

It is out of my comfort zone because it is not my usual style.  I am pleased with it & providing other sheets I have leave me the room to stamp & embellish I will doing some more cards like this.  If for no other reason than I need to use this stash up.

I will show you the other card tomorrow.

That's me for now I will shortly be off to my bed.  Night night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post