csnw photos - part 2

Good morning everyone.

This morning I have the second set of photos from CSNW meeting on Wednesday evening & these are of their project which was the "faux silk" technique;


This pretty card is by Verena - looking quite dramatic on the black card.
You will see with this technique that quite a few often have a single image as the focal point - this card shows that the multiple images work just as well.


Joan created this one with the group of scent bottles / vases & I think the image was clearer in the flesh than in the photo. I like the frame on the base card before creating the faux silk - nice finish.


This clean & simple design was created by Ann F
I am sure she won't mind me saying that she managed to smudge some ink in the corner - but was able to disguise it by adding the flourish die once the card had been layered.
We all need these little cover up ideas from time to time.


Ruth made this clean & sample (CAS) design & I love the jaunty angle the focal image has been placed at & the pink circles to compliment the pink layering card - really ties it all together.


The focal image was stamped in a dark blue by Gwen but with the faux silk cover it almost looks black - so it goes well with the black layer.


Another delicate card created this time by Claire the matching bow at the side is very effective. I cannot remember if the base card that the technique has been done on was a creamy yellow or whether it was white.  But it has photographed with a yellow tinge - I have lightened it a little.

There were 2 other ladies there Wednesday - but they didn't want their cards photographed as they weren't finished.  I don't know why - it is just as good to see work in progress.

That really is a pretty technique & having got the ladies to try it on Wednesday I think I might use it again too.

That's me for now.  Have a good day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post