My tag cards

Hi everyone
What a beautiful day it has been - I do hope we are not going to have all these lovely days at the expense of a nice summer.  Come to that Easter & several bank holidays are on the way we don't want to run out of nice weather before then, do we.

So! did you all have a nice weekend? I do hope so.

This morning I spent a couple of hours with 2 ladies who had been on my first crochet workshop - did I tell you I was going to be doing that?  Honestly - my head.  We had decided to meet up every couple of weeks so I could see how they were getting on & help with any problems, but also to just have a good natter.  It was very pleasant indeed.

Then this afternoon I finally took the pictures of the 3 cards I had created from the tags I made a little while back.  I do remember mentioning those, because I recall saying I wasn't too happy with one of them.  Anyway just before starting the blog I went into "my pictures" folder to load the pictures onto my PC when I remembered that at the end of January I had produced a slide-show of all the cards I had made in January.  Which reminded me I hadn't done it for February.  Well! I had a bit of a fright because I couldn't find them.  I started to think the gremlins had got in & pinched them.  I have been tidying up my folders a bit & started to think that perhaps I had somehow deleted them.  Anyway I run Picasa on this PC which catalogues your pictures & is also the path I take to put the sideshows on the blog.  There were all my photos so they had to be on my PC.   Then suddenly the file looked different & it informed me that several of my folders did not have photos in.  Panic, panic.  I popped onto the Picasa website that holds the ones I upload for the blog & they were still on there.  Well I searched & searched trying to see how I could copy them back onto the PC - no luck.  Anyway I went back to "my pictures" & searched a little more carefully & found them - so I think I ought to stop tidying up as it would appear I cannot remember what changes I have made.  So I popped back into Picasa & everything was as it should be.  I just don't understand.  I tell you - you start to think you are losing your marbles.  So I have no idea what went on earlier - but at least everything is as it should be & I haven't lost photos.

So - here are the pictures of the 3 tag cards;

The blue one above is the one I am not too happy about.  The colours were a bit pale & there seemed to be too much negative space - so that is when I added the little sprays down the side.  They still didn't feel right especially when placed together so I highlighted the edge of the tag with a blue Promarker that I thought went quite well with the colour scheme.  Then I decided to outline the card - which is tag shaped - as well.  No - not sure about that one & I did so like the tag on its own.

The tag above has worked well & it is my favourite mixture of colours.  This time I decided to leave what negative space there was as it was, except for the sprays.  All cards need some negative space but when its white space it seems to be too overpowering.

The final one - above, I think has ended up being my favourite, & it does look good I think on that resist technique card.  I do love this image & it so suits the monocolour approach which I quite like working with at the moment.

So that has brought you up to date with the tag cards.  I hope to tidy up some more cards tomorrow so hope to have more photos for you.

Have a good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post