How on earth ..............

................ did I get to accumulate so much stuff.  It is frightening.

The last 2 days I have been slowly - & I mean slowly - working my way through boxes & boxes of craft stuff.  For some reason I have over the years put things in boxes to either give it away, sell it, or do something else with it.  Then I have promptly forgotten about it.  Well, I am paying for it now.

I am filling a rather large bag with bits & pieces that I am just not going to use - or I have duplicates of or just too much of.  I will be bringing this bag with me to the next club nights for each of the clubs, & you are to just dive in & take whatever you want.  I am going to put a little box by it so if you do feel inclined to give a little donation I will then pass it to Clare for her Multiple Sclerosis cause - especially if you have any of the stamps that may be in the bag.

First to have a dip will be Mold II on Tuesday when it is their May meeting.  I have already given a lot of things to a lady who is running a Brownie group & have another bag filling up as well.

I will not get it all sorted before we move but I can at least tidy the boxes up for ease of moving.  So this clear out is going to be a lengthy process.  It should have been done some time ago.  But, there you go - we do put off til tomorrow what we could do today & it comes back & haunts us.

Something interesting I found (again - as I had found it some time back) - was a folder that I created with techniques on rubber stamping when I first started going to workshops at Carolines.  It looks so basic & almost childish - but interesting. I will bring it to club nights for you to see.

Just as we move - if our planned date goes ahead - I am giving a talk to a WI group - so whilst I have been sorting out I have been putting together a craft bag of things to take with me.  I just need to keep it away from everything else so it goes with me in my car.  So that at least is a good bit of organisation.

It is not just craft items that are being sorted & possibly cleared out.  We have gone through all our clothes, our bedding etc.  Even Bob didn't realise how many tops he had held on to - we now can't move for bags with all that sort of thing in.  It's the classic situation - in order to tidy up & thin things out we have to be untidy.  Still hopefully it will only be a few weeks.

I hope you are having a more relaxing bank holiday weekend - haven't we been lucky with the weather?  Let's hope it continues into tomorrow as well.

That's it for now - 'Byeee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post