Non stamping - non club - post

Just popping back in to correct a glaring error in this little write-up.  I have to say I am surprised I haven't been picked up for it.  I have put the correction in the actual paragraph.

I know it didn't happen today

But I thought we should spend a few moments in memory of Lee Rigby so cruelly taken during the last few days.

So many of our brave young men have  lost their lives over the years defending the rights of us & others., as did many before them in other conflicts.

We look to these young men & women in the services to watch over us in areas where there is conflict, & to watch over those people they are defending where ever that may be in the world that we defend.

What we do not expect is that these brave people are then cut down in this their own country, just going about their normal day to day lives, & to be cut down in such an horrific manner.

Our thoughts go out to the family & friends of Lee Rigby.  Our gratitude goes out to Lee Rigby & his comrades who defend our rights to be who we are, & also to those of others whose rights they defend.

This weekend sees a celebration of those brave men who watched over us & fought in the battle of the Western Approaches during World War I.  This should of course actually say World War II.  I think because I wanted to refer to the next part during 1914 - 1918 I typed things in the wrong order.  I was so incensed with this cruel killing this week my mind went off on its own.  My apologies. 

1914 - 1818 to most of us seems such a long time ago, not even within our comprehension, & probably our fathers & mothers were just a twinkle in someone elses eye. They were the predecessors of those who fought for us in WWII, & all the battles that have been fought since.  And there have been many & they are still going on - but on our own streets at home we do not expect to see our brave soldiers attacked in this way.  They wear their uniform with pride on our streets at home & should be able to do so without fear of attack by militant groups.

Thank you to all you brave men & women who help defend our rights & those of the peoples of other countries.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post