A really good workshop

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are having a good weekend.

Yesterday, as I think I mentioned on Friday, I was at a one day workshop with the ladies from HSNW club.  It was another day with the retailer Crafty Roo who had given us a workshop back in August.

This time she was showing us how to use Brusho crystals with some of her products.  Last time she introduced us to her poly plates where you use inks direct on them & then use them like stamps.  I showed some photos a couple of days after the workshop of my work that day.

Most of the yesterday we just enjoyed ourselves making background papers, but one or two had a different twist to them.  Another product that we tried was liquid masking fluid.

Here are some of my background papers;




These two were using the Brushos on thin card, just sprinkling the powder onto the card & then spritzing with water - which activates the crystals.  The "brown" splodges on the lower one were a new metallic powder.  The consistency is different to the others - I didn't like them so much.


This was done on glossy card.



These two pieces took me back in time to when we used to lay down dye-based ink on glossy card, spritz with water & then wrap scrunched cling film around it.  You then left it to dry & then carefully removed the clingfilm to reveal the patterns produced.  That is exactly what we did here with the Brushos.


This is Brusho's on tissue paper.

This time we spritzed the Brusho crystals after sprinkling them onto our glass mats.The tissue is then laid into the mixture - very carefully - I stress VERY.  We placed it onto a piece of acetate to dry to stop it sticking to anything.

I actually produced 2 pieces - the other one was used in a project.


This was an attempt to use the Brushos on the poly plates.

My first attempt was a disaster as I made the poly plate too wet & on turning it over to place on the card it dripped everywhere. This one is my better attempt when I took the card to the poly plate.
The only reason there is colour outside the circle was due to my using a wet wipe to remove some dry colour where I didn't want it.  Duh! should have used kitchen roll.



These two photos show the technique using masking fluid.

On the right In both photos is the stamped image with the detail covered with the masking fluid. It is then left to dry (overnight possibly best).  Brusho's were then used over the images.  Then when dry, with a clean finger you rub off the masking fluid & hey presto the image is clean & white (or the colour of the card used.

The poppy design was first filled in with Glossy Accents, with a bit of depth, & the red Brusho's sprinkled into the petals.  Gradually the Brusho's spread & colour the image.  These steps were repeated for the leaves.

The funky flower design I still have to colour.  Yesterday I couldn't make up my mind what colour to use.

Well! I think that is enough for today - there is a little more to show you so I will show you that tomorrow.

That's me for today.  'Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post