Trying something new

Hi Ladies

Housework done - as far as I am doing it today anyway.

This afternoon I stamped some more images towards my Christmas Cards but I am not going to show you anything to do with them as they could end up being your Christmas Cards.  With regards to making my Christmas Cards for this year I have made most of the handmade ones where I don't use stamps.  So I am left with the stamped ones & the family specials.  So reasonably well on schedule.

Also today I had a go at making some "hatpins" which are the current trend in card making at the moment.  here is a picture of the first few I have amde


Looking at the pin on the left the large oval bead seems to have some adhesive on it - I will have to clean that before I use them.  I used jewellery head pins as the base & had a hunt through my bead box for the beads.  I also bought some crimp beads to put at the bottom to stop the beads falling off.  I did have quite a lot of trouble with the crimp bead you can see them on the two on the right of the picture.  So the other three have had their beads glued on using glossy accents.  I think I will get some corsage pins for some more as they have a nice pearl bead at the top which gives the pins a good start.  I think also the corsage pins are longer than the head pins.

I also spent some time working on the project I set myself for the year - there is quite a bit to do before the end of the year - so must keep working on it.

The last thing I did today was try out a "card-gift" card to make sure the measurements worked.  Everything seems OK & tomorrow I will make a proper version.  Then I will put it as a tutorial on the blog, as it may be something you might like to make for Christmas & we don't have enough meetings left in which to include it. So come back tomorrow & see.

That's me for today - have a good evening & take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post