csnw photos - part 2

Hello again.

The project at CSNW's meeting last night was the One-layer stamping.  The ladies basically copied the method I showed them at the start of the evening & then experimented with other ways - so there are 2 cards from most of the ladies.  Here they are


The card on the right is in the style I demonstrated then the one on the right was done through a torn paper aperture


Two very delicate designs


This is a beautiful card & shows how the one layer helps enhance the layered image at the side.


This time the enhancement is the delicate flowers stamped around it. I really like monochrome cards.


Again one card edge decorated & then a torn aperture to create the second.


This is a very delicate & elegant design which really doesn't need anything else.  
A small sentiment in the white space top right would work without taking away the simplicity. 


First - my apologies for the slightly blurred photo - not sure what happened there.
I like the way this one has worked out - you have a double aspect really.  Is it a white card that has torn coloured paper around it - or - a patterned with torn white paper.


These colours show clearly the effect that was demonstrated - the appearance of torn paper.


This card is really cute & the lady who swamped agreed that the teddie would have looked better in a darker ink, & it would because it would show up more.  I think it looks like it has been stamped on a piece of torn kraft paper that you wrap parcels in.  It's lovely. 


A cute little fairy in a pink cloud


Another example of the torn paper effect at the side.
I think I should have lightened the photo a bit as I don't remember it being quite as dark as that.


Now! this card is the first of 4 made by 2 of the ladies & they used chalks instead of inks for the backgrounds.  It works really well.  The thing to remember if trying this method is that it will need sealing before being sent out.  But I think you all are aware of that for chalks.  just thought I would mention it anyway.
Oops - just popped back - I love the way the sentiment is curved over the background.  
Must store that idea away.


Here is the second card in chalk.  To me the darker edge here gives the impression of Co-ordinations card.


The third chalked card - really delicate background.
Just popped back to say a bit more about this one.  Looking at it again I thought that the pink background looks like a very delicate piece of handmade paper.  You know the sort that was around a while back with holes in it.


The final chalked card with a filigree pattern to the other side.


Another delicate card - I like the stamped image just to the side of the shape rather than directly on it.


I like the idea here - again a double aspect - is it a white card with lilac papers or a lilac card with white paper.  A little comment - not criticism - the central lilac strip I would have continued to both corners & not stopped short. 


A different approach to the idea - but after studying it I like the way the colour filters away in different degrees at the edges & it reminds me of some of that angel hair we all used a while back - or even thin mulberry paper.  Very nice.


Again a slightly different approach - it is really lovely.  It is another card that really doesn't need anything else, but again a small sentiment would complete it.  I decided that had I created it I would probably put the sentiment directly under the design.  You may have seen some of mine where the sentiment is close to the design.  White (or negative) space is good.

There we are then - some great images.

Moe tomorrow when I have the rocker card I made to show you & I might even look out a couple of shops from my holiday.

Is anyone going to the Artstamp festival in Wrexham at the end of the month?  

I now have this months magazines to browse - so I am off to see if any of our ladies are featured. If they are I will report back.

Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post