Just chatting

Good afternoon ladies

First I must thank Carolyn of Mold II who has left a comment in response to a question I asked about one of the Show & Tell cards from their meeting.  It had 2 owls on it with a great bark type background.  This turned out to be Carolyn's card & the background was an embossing folder.  I have published her comment under the posting.

Well now, where has that sun gone - what a dull grey day.

I have just about sorted out all the bags etc from the holiday.  For this holiday we treated ourselves to 2 picnic chairs & a table - all found down into nice long cloth bags.  They fitted nicely in the back of the car & were therefore easily available every time we wanted them.  Problem now is - where do we store them at home.  So space has to be found.  I also bought a new cool bag - so that needs a home too.  All of which needs to be easily accessible.,  Good job I had started clearing some of those cupboards before we went away.

As you know - if you read my few holiday blogs - we spent quite a lot of our time around lakes this year.  Here is a picture of one them in the evening.


This lake had a very nice restaurant at its edge which we went to twice for a meal.  It is the one that had the frogs "singing" in it - talking of which - here are the frogs ............


......... well some of them anyway - there were about 25 - 30 in total all croaking at the same time.  It was a terrible, yet funny noise.  Of course we found it quite amusing - but the lady at the restaurant said it wasn't funny when you were trying to get to sleep at night. On our last visit on the Thursday evening they were very quiet.

This weekend I have some birthday cards for 2 elderly cousins to make - so must get myself organised.  Also just before starting this post I checked what the project was for my meeting at Happy Stampers on Monday - the materials list is quite long - so I must start putting that ready too. 

Now that we have reached July I must also start on Christmas cards.  I have made some (non-stamping ones), because whilst I was sorting my stash earlier in the year I made a card with what I found rather than just put it in another folder or box.  Sadly I haven't kept that method going.  Still I can restart now.  Of course a little bit later this year I will have quite a bit of work to do pending that special event next April.  Mind you I have already done some preparation - but now it's time to get down to production.

I hope the weather improves for the weekend & that you have an enjoyable time whatever you are doing.  Here in Hawarden it is Carnival day tomorrow - I might try & get along to that.

'Bye for now - have a good weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post