Mold II photos - part 2 - Folk Art

Hello again.

The photos this time are of a couple of items brought in by the ladies that they had created after the April meeting when Rita introduced them to the technique of Folk Art painting.


Sue obviously took to the technique as she went on to make these 3 lovely cards.
The painting is really effective on the black card.


Annette produced a really lovely Christmas card using the technique.
It is just ideal for those Christmas wreaths isn't it?


This piece was created by Rita to show the technique is good for home items as well as greeting cards.


Rita also decorated this candle & I believe it was given to Sue for her birthday.

I asked Rita about burning the candle, as it would be a shame to lose the decoration.  Carolyn then mentioned the idea I had seen mentioned n a website - which is to scoop out some of the candle at the top & place a tea-light candle in the space.  That way you only burn the tea-light & the candle remains a permanent gift.

OK ladies - I must get on & do one or two other things - like put my stuff away from yesterday's workshop.  I also have 2 New Home ards to make. Then I may get back later with the May Show & Tell photos for you to see.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post