cards for workshops

Hello ladies

My what a beautiful day - will it last over the bank holidays?

Today I have got the photos of the 2 cards I made for my workshop yesterday.  I am afraid the caught in crystal one is not very good.  I tried several different ways of taking it.  Without the flash wasn't any good & with the flash you get a light in the middle & the stamped image on the front was not so clear either.  But the colours have come out well.  In fact I have so enjoyed playing with this technique again that I am going to make up a couple of sheets with different inks & just save them for backgrounds.  The spotlight technique is very simple & basic.  Here they are;


The other card I have to show you is the very quick card I made for my friend who had just become a grandmother for the second time.  There is stamping on it so I do save face;

Isn't that pram cute?  It's from a range by the maker "Kars" & they are all small stamps.  Great fun to work with.

As I mentioned yesterday my workshop today was a new group of ladies starting on Crochet.  The craft shop is undergoing some changes & the area that is the workshop was having a new floor laid.  It was part done yesterday - but today they were going to try & finish it.  The only place to hold the workshop was the coffee shop.  I was a bit worried that we might get interrupted with people wanting to know what we were doing - but only one lady came up & spoke to us.  Turned out it was the very thing she wanted to learn - so she put her name down for the next session.

After the workshop & back at home,  I made sure I had a sample of the card we will be making in the May meeting for Mold & Mold II, & there might even be 2 samples.  I think CSNW make it in June or maybe a bit later. I also spent a few minutes heat embossing some fabric flowers - trying a different method of doing it other than using the melt pot.  I was pleased with the result & hope to do some more tomorrow.  Those that I did some time back using my melt pot I didn't like they were too thick - this method was better.

Right I have some other photos for you - but I am going to put those in a second blog.  So that's it on this one, the next one follows straight after.




Comments

  1. Lovely cards again, Gloria...re crystal one..have you a scanner...it may produce a better picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post