Catching up

Hello everyone
Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days - nothing wrong - it's just been reasonably quiet.

Bob & I decided to have a quiet restful weekend.  Poor thing he has been getting up about 5:30 every morning for a couple of months now - a good long contract job, & there are still more weeks to go.  But it means he is pretty tired by the evening time - so we don't do much.  He's not getting any younger - te, he - Ooooh he'll kill me.  But then I'm not either - hence the quiet restful weekend. 

During the weekend I got little bits & pieces done towards projects & workshops whilst Bob attended to the lawns.

Yesterday evening was the HSNW club night & we had Tracey from Lavinia's Stamps visiting us.  We had a great demonstration & she has some lovely new stamps.  So remember to take a look at her stand at the festival.  I was very good - I didn't spend a lot.  I bought 2 small word stamps - both the same word in different sizes as a set & also a "text" stamp.  You know the sort I mean the words are in a foreign language (I think its real) & it makes a nice little background. I can't wait to add it to some of my cards.  I also handed over my entries for the exhibition board for the festival & took some photographs yesterday morning.  Now that I have handed them in I will photos of them here when I blog tomorrow. 

I also have a couple of photos of sample cards for the workshop I did today.  We did Spotlight Technique & Caught in Crystal Technique.  The C-in-C technique gave me all sorts of headaches.  None of the shops were selling the Johnson Klear Floor Polish - they have actually changed it's name (which I have now forgotten) - which I found in a little local hardware store. I know that Crystal Lacquer can be used but it is shame to use such a nice items for that purpose. When thinking about the inks or paints I would give them to work with I opened a small plastic tub that was in a drawer in my desk to find it contained the reinkers for Poshibilities Inks - (I think that was the right name).  I like to use Alcohol Inks but without sounding mean - they are a bit expensive for using on the workshops. Not everyone takes care in using some products provided. Then there was the tissue.  I hadn't got any - again couldn't find any - then remembered I had bought it before from Asda. I popped in there - plenty of blue, pink, silver - but no white.  As the pink was the palest I bought a pack of that & a pack of silver.  On the workshop - & in my sample - we used the silver & it worked very well.

Tomorrow morning I have another workshop - this time it's crochet.  A second group starting to learn.

So that's what I have been up to since we last chatted.  I hope you had a good weekend & of course we have a long weekend approaching, plus another one the week after.

I will be seeing some of you on Thursday evening as it is time for the Mold May meeting.

I mentioned the festival earlier - ALL tickets are sold.  So if you hear of anyone thinking they had better send for them as it is getting close - please let them know.

That's me for today - more tomorrow with pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post