popping in

Hi everyone
Just popped back quickly with something I forgot earlier. Mind you it would have made the posting very long.

This morning I watched a little of Create & Craft, & Debbie Moore was on with a new batch of CD's that allowed you to print all wonderous things.  One of the item range she showed was the envelopes on the CD.  Now I work with CD's reasonably frequently & the one thing that has bothered me is what happens if you print these wonderful cards plus their decorated envelopes then as the post man delivers them it rains.  Are the inks in our printers permanent enough for the design not to run.  I didn't think they would be but thought it was time to ask one of these people who think all these designs up to tempt us into buying their CD's.

So! I emailed Debbie & the presenter Leonie at the studio & asked the question.  Unfortunately I couldn't sit & watch the whole programme so I recorded it & later watched it back.  So! if you were watching Debbie Moore's programme at about 10 or 11am (can't quite remember exact time) & heard them read out an email on the subject from Gloria of North Wales ...................... it was me!

Their answer?  Or Debbie's answer.  Printer inks will run when wet.  Her recommendation? Create the item & then pop it in another envelope.  I don't have a particular problem with that idea -  it's a good idea.  OK, whats another envelope - shouldn't affect the postage particularly & the card arrives (possibly) non running.  I have had a few soggy envelopes delivered where the contents have been wet too.  So I guess it is possible the card could get wet & run too.  Thinking about her answer brought two thoughts to mind ............. many CD's have stationery sets you can print including a box to put it all in.  These make really nice gifts.  But will the person you give it to want to put their letters or notes inside another envelope?

Personally if I was making a card with  a decorated envelope I would not mind putting it in another envelope, but each letter or note I sent?  No way. 

My other thought was .......  I suppose you could put it in a cellophane envelope so that the beauty of the decorated envelope could be seen through it.  But would the postal service allow them. Would they be strong enough.

I believe in the States there are clear envelopes - a lady from America some time back who was attending CSNW meetings showed us a card made with acetate & paper napkins & that was posted in a clear envelope. Possibly acetate rather than cellophane.

What do you think.

I often make things from the CD's to raise funds - but have always stopped at making up the envelopes or sets of stationery.  Oh no, I did make a couple of stationery sets once & substituted the CD envelopes with plain white envelopes.  Not the same impact though.

Food for thought.
Night night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post