Mainly chatting

Hi everyone - sorry I didn't write a post yesterday, but I am not sure where the day went, plus the crafting mojo seems to have left me for a couple of days.  If it has come to visit you - could you return it please.

August was a very sad month here as we had quite a few pieces of sad news. Bob's children's (bless them they will not like being called children - but you know how I mean it) maternal grandmother passed away & her funeral was on Thursday. Next week Bob is going to another funeral of someone who used to work for him. Then last weekend I learnt that a personal friend I had not seen for some time, had passed away & their funeral had already taken place.  So I am hoping that this last part of 2014 will be somewhat happier & of course we have Gareth & Elayne's wedding to look forward to next year.

So! this afternoon I did sit at my desk for a little while & retry something that had failed a couple of weeks back.  Do you remember I told you about those Create-a-card dies from Crafters Companion? Well I did get a reply to my emails & they gave me the correct sandwich for the E-bosser (which they said had been printed wrong in the packaging).

When I tried before, the die didn't cut very much of the design at all & no embossing at all.  Here is today's result;


As you can see the cutting worked - even the central oval shape came out properly & because I have inked through the die like a stencil you can see that quite a bit of the embossing worked too.  It is mainly the little decorative dots that haven't picked up the ink - so I am going to try again later (or tomorrow) & I think I will try the embossing stage twice keeping fingers crossed it doesn't tear the card.  I did have to poke out quite a few of those 'x' shapes but it wasn't too bad.

I have a Christmas die as well like this - which I am hoping to use tomorrow & get started on some cards with it.  Will let you know how I get on.

I hope you have a great weekend planned - we had been hoping to have a BBQ but the weather is not looking that good is it?

That is me for now - more tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post