playing with flowers still

I am sorry I didn't blog yesterday but I was having a really nice day out with a friend.  We had a lovely day out at Boundary Mill in Colne.  I needed some new things for a holiday, & we found some craft things in their small craft shop.

But I did get the chance to have a little more play with making paper flowers on Monday evening & took some photos to show you - this time I made them using punches & the ones I used were the Tonic Petal Pairs;



Although these punches are called petal pairs - for this session I used them individually, rather than together - that will be another session. I wanted to see if I could make rose-style flowers.  
The centre of this one got a bit squashed.



This one has turned out better - but I will make another one to try & get better movement into it & a tighter central bud.



I decided to try something different when I got to this punch & cut each of the petals in half then layered them together.  I punched a little snowflake to put in the centre - but think in future it will hold a gem or button.

One thing this session did show me was that my fingers are not so nimble as they used to be & despite using tweezers I found gluing the layers together tricky.  But press on regardless, practice will make perfect.

I also stamped another couple & used a flower die - but I haven't sorted the photos for those - so may be back later.

This afternoon I have a workshop at a local craft shop where I am teaching crochet - looking forward to that as it is a new group.  I always enjoy getting people started & watching their faces when they realise they can crochet - it wasn't so difficult after all.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post