Two recent cards

Good morning everyone

This morning I have 2 cards I made recently to show you, both of them for special anniversary's during July.


This first one was for a pearl wedding anniversary.
I knew I wanted something light in colour, but wasn't certain how I was going to achieve it.  A week or so beforehand I had watched a demonstration of ideas for white on white cards.  I knew one of my white embossing powders had more of a light cream shade to it - so, I had my answer.  Cream on cream.

The flowers were stamped & embossed on parchment paper, then cut out. Dreamees flower stamps of course!  From matching cream card I cut the fancy circle & mounted it on foam pads, added the flowers & the sentiment & some creamy pearls

The second card - is this one - for a golden wedding anniversary;


You may notice the scalloped circle aperture matches the scalloped circle topper on the card above.

Now, in my eagerness to cut the circle from some card I used another base card, & forgot that it left the aperture, not a pattern. So at first I was a little cross at possibly wasting a card.  As I had the various things laid out on my desk to make these 2 cards I realised I could save things by using the cut out circle as a topper & turn the aperture into a feature on another card. 

So no cards were hurt or spoilt in this crafting session.  ðŸ˜‰

Once again these flowers are from Dreamees & I had this lovely embossed gold paper which went beautifully behind the aperture.  Of course I noticed that the "congratulations" was slightly on the slant - but then I also noticed that I had at least stamped it on the slant both top & bottom.  So a sort of match!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's me for today.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post