anniversary card

Good evening everyone

No crafting was done in this house today - but house tidying & work in the garden was undertaken.  So I have decided I will show you the card I made for Bob for our anniversaries.

Yes I did say anniversaries - because I am sure you all know that we have always celebrated the anniversary of being together which this year rose to 29 years!  But of course because as we chose to get married on our anniversary it was also our first wedding anniversary.  Wow! that's a lot of use of the word anni..........

I wanted to make a card that covered both events so had in mind a concertina style card & in fact a little while ago I ordered a die for making a special kind of concertina card.  But as our date drew near I had to make other plans & finally came up with another idea.  When it came to putting words on it I found I didn't have much in the way of anni.......... so I stopped working on the card & popped to the craft shop & made some suitable purchases.  When I got home the postman had been & ..................... yep! you guessed it ....
amongst the mail was the package I had been waiting for.  Never mind they will come in useful throughout the year & will do for our second anni .......

Here is the card.

This is a birds eye view of the shape of the card.  It is two 5x5 cards glued together to create a zigzag card.


This is the front & I have stamped a heart shape & embossed it in gold EP. This stamp was a freebie on Craft Stamper at some time.  I chose the purple card because that was close to the dress I wore & I had to use peel-offs for the sentiments.


This is the right-hand side of the inside.  Obviously I have not photographed the left-hand side as that is where my message is.  The next stage is to close the card - but it actually shows ..........


.... the other front which is for our longer celebrated event.  Open that page &


you reach the other inside.  I used the same die-cut but this time put it down into the bottom right-hand corner.

In a way it is a little like a never ending card, because if you now turn that page over - as if to close the card - you are back to the first front page again.

I was very pleased with the way this turned out, & Bob liked it too.

That's me - I am off to bed.  Night night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post