Mold photos - part 1

Hi everyone
Well! here I am with the Show & Tell photos from the Mold meeting on Thursday.  Sorry that I didn't get to put them here yesterday but it was such a lovely day I spent most of it in the garden tidying it up, & quite honestly enjoying sitting in it for a while.

The Show & Tell this month was to make a card following a sketch.  Here is the sketch;


& here are the cards;


A squared off version of the sketch & the book paper makes a great background for that image. 


I was concerned this photo would look too blue as it was a very pretty purple shade - some lovely embossed work & colouring on this one.


I think everyone knows by now how I love monocolour (see also last paragraph) - especially black & white.  This is a beautiful card.
 .


Another lovely design - you can't go wrong with Mackintosh can you!  This one finished in the white washing technique shown recently.

I will be back over the weekend with the project photos - but as I said it will take a little longer as I have to get them off my camera.

Bob & I had a discussion about "monocolour" once after he was sat with me whilst I was watching some C&C.  Mono means one - yet we use it when there is more than one colour.  We decided this was OK if each colour was a shade of the base colour - eg - different blues.  Of course to use it for black & white is wrong on two counts as (a) there are two colours & (b) black & white are not colours.

There you go - food for thought for Easter.

Have a lovely weekend - more soon.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post