another recent card

Good morning everyone.

This morning I have one of my more recent cards to show you.  When contemplating how to make my first few cards for 2018 (the non-stamping ones), I thought it was time I started using up those pretty papers we hang on to. But I wanted to try something a little different at the same time.

This one was made for my friend (& neighbour at our previous house) whose birthday was 1st January.  So, of course I had to start thinking about it over the Christmas period.


The first papers I saw were some 6x6 papers with these flowers on.  The background was blue & there were these green/white flowers & some pink ones as well.

I didn't want the blue background really so I cut out all of the complete flowers.  I then gave a piece of white card a more suitable colour using distress inks, & followed that with gluing the flowers to the piece of card overlapping the edge with some of them & cutting smaller ones in half to fill the edges. Next I placed the decorated card in a dotty embossing folder & embossed it. This was then attached to a piece of pale green coloured card & then onto the white scalloped edge square card.  A couple of gems for some bling along with a die cut happy birthday & butterfly in white to finish.

I had seen this embedded embossing technique quite a long time ago & thought it was time to give it a try.  I quite like the finish.  In fact I liked it so much I made another one using the pink flowers. I will show you that card tomorrow.

Oh yes, I tried out the Sheena Douglass technique of using glycerine with the inks - ooh, I like that.  The inks go on so smoothly & have a little shine to them.  I hadn't been using those inks so much recently mainly because so often I got harsh edges - not any more.

That is me for today.  More tomorrow - as I am going to try & write a post every day - so if you have something to share please let me know.

Also - as it is the beginning of the year - even though I am not around so much at the moment a plea for help at the club nights. Already there are ladies who have offered to take care of projects - but they have been doing that for some time anyway.  So please don't sit back & let them sort it out that would be unfair - put yourself forward with something - it is not as daunting as you may think & you will even enjoy it.  What better thing is there than to share knowledge - whatever that knowledge may be.

Right - after that deep & meaningful message I really am going.
'Bye & take care 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post