frosty, cold & beautiful

Hello again
I just had to take pictures of the beautiful white scenery outside my house this morning.

Nature just leaves you breathless doesn't it.  I wasn't the only person this morning who thought the view was worth recording.  A car pulled up outside our house & a man got out & took a photo of the same view as I did. Some of the photos are taken over my back garden too - the one where you can see part of a brick wall on the right hand side is the view across my back garden.  That lovely big tree is in a neighbours garden.

I did do some card making today - 2 Christmas Cards for the States, a masculine birthday card plus a thinking of you card.  Sadly I didn't take photos of them as they all had to go in the post today & Bob was waiting to go to the post office as I was finishing them.

My workshop due to take place tomorrow has been cancelled as there was only one lady booked on it - I was due to show how to make bags & boxes.  A new workshop I am starting in 2011 is "Learning to crochet" - so sat in front of the TV over the next few weeks I will be preparing stitch samples & writing notes. Evidently there are already 3 people booked onto it.  It's been a while since I did any crochet so it will be quite good fun getting ready.  Whilst trying to find where I had put all my crochet hooks I looked inside a wicker storage box (which is where I thought they might be) - to find that what was inside was loads of wool.  So! looks like I will have to find things to crochet to use it all up.  Interesting find but my hooks were not there, although I did find one in my sewing box, so I can get started. I am quite looking forward to it - I think that sometimes giving yourself something new to do - (even if you have done it some time before) - can lift your creativity in other areas.  Well! thats' my theory anyway.

That's me for today - I have been thinking that I might turn some of those pictures above into cards - very appropriate for Christmas, don't you think?

Comments

  1. Fab photos Gloria. We were totally dumbstruck as we travelled down Aston Hill today, the whole of the Cheshire Plain in front looked so ethereal. All the trees were like those you snapped (they're not like that here, strangely) and there was a weird low cloud sitting there with the sun perched on top! and the cobwebs! Did you see any? Totally frozen and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post