Good card making day!

Hello ladies
Ooh, I have had a good day today making cards.

I started by returning to the technique called Spotlight which we have done at our club evenings.  But it is new to my workshops down at Purple Butterfly Crafts.  I say new I did have one workshop a few weeks back, only I didn't have any new samples, so I thought I would buckle down & create some.

I made three cards all with the same image but created a different spotlight on each.  Then I created a fourth one treating the spotlight in a totally new way - well new to me.  Here are the photos;



This one is what I would call the traditional spotlight technique.

The image has been stamped in black archival ink, then part stamped again - just the large flower head.

The flower head is then coloured, cut out in a circle & placed in the correct place over the top of the black & white image.










In this second card I reversed the spotlight technique by colouring the whole image & then leaving the spotlight cutout in black & white.
















In the third card I have taken a totally different approach & coloured in the whole of the left hand stem flower leaving the larger flower in black & white.




This final card has been made in the style of one I saw on the Internet & I am unable to give credit for it as I forgot to note where I saw it.  I shall have another look later & can always pop back here & insert the credit.

This bold style border stamp has been stamped three times using a green Stazon Ink.  I have only added colour to the central  panel thereby creating the spotlight effect.  I rather like this card & think I can honestly say I would not have thought of using it like that without seeing the item on the Internet.  Isn't it good that we share our ideas in this way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post