a workshop day

Good evening everyone.

This morning it was time for one of my crochet workshops & a very good morning it was too.  I had 3 ladies, in this group there is normally 5 but 2 of them couldn't make today & will be joining another group in order not to go too long before another session.

One of the things I have discovered whilst unpacking these boxes - well more correctly I discovered whilst packing them at the old house - was I just have loads & loads of wool.  About 17 years ago I decided I had too much & there wasn't a lot of use of hanging on to it - so I gave it all to a local Convent.  The reason I know it is about 17 years ago is that shortly after giving it away Bob's daughter told us she was pregnant - so I had to go out & buy wool. Our grand-daughter was 17 in March.  But I didn't realise just how much I must have bought - until now.  So having it for ladies to learn how to crochet is useful - plus the workshops have whetted my appetite to do some more. I think I will just take the odd balls (where I just have 1 of each) & make them into a big square blanket. Will always be handy for something.

After the workshop I had to rush round to Staples for ink cartridge as mine had run out over the last couple of days & I needed to print some coloured items off for tomorrows Mold club night.

So no more unpacking done today.  I hope to do a little more tomorrow but this is the Thursday in the month when I have a group lunch followed by Mold club in the evening - so not too much time for unpacking.  We are also having a new gas fire & central boiler fitted - so it will be a bit hectic here I think.

To brighten up the page - here is a photo of one of the roses we have inherited.  It's going to be quite interesting seeing what comes up in the gardens during the seasons.


Isn't it beautiful!

I am off to bed now - sleep well.  Night night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post