just chatting

Hi everyone - just popped in for a quick chat.

I do hope you are all tucked up safe & warm in this awful weather this evening - it's blowing a right gale down our little cul-de-sac.

I finally gave in yesterday & decided it was time to see the Doctor about my throaty cough - I sat for 20 minutes dialling the number trying to get through only to find out all the appointments for the day had gone.  So this morning I tried again - same result.  When I asked "how many mornings am I likely to have to ring before I get an appointment" the receptionist asked me what it was about & suggested I went along at 11:00 am & waited for an "emergency" appointment at the end of normal hours.  I did this & waited for 65 minutes.  After a consultation the Doctor decided to send me for a chest x-ray & gave me some capsules to take for the next 4 weeks, but to return to him in about 2 weeks when the results of the x-ray would be through.  I booked that appointment before I left the surgery. When I got home I rang Deeside Hospital for my x-ray appointment & got one at 3:00pm today!!  What a surprise I thought I would have to wait several days.  So now we wait & see.

I really should have gone before - but with looking after Bob I had put my problems on the back boiler.  Bob is improving a little faster now - but still is very uncomfortable - he is on new medication & when he asked the Doctor how long this is likely to go on - the Doctor replied - how long is a piece of string.  Not the answer you want to hear.

Tomorrow I have another of my crochet workshops in the morning.  Then in the afternoon I hope to bring some more photos to the blog for you - there is news from a couple of members & a member showing her work.  Today I purchased a couple of magazines & noticed that another member has a card showcased in it - so even more to share with you.

Last night we had a couple of pleasant hours when we had Russ & Nadine around for the evening. Poor Russ is still waiting to hear about another job - he was made redundant just before Christmas (as I may have already told you) - but he is busy writing off for everything & anything - so fingers crossed he will strike lucky soon.

Well, please make sure you keep safe & warm in this awful weather & I will talk to you all again tomorrow.  Night night.  Sleep well.

Comments

  1. You really should have gone to the doctor sooner! It's dreadful that you now have to wait so long for the results of your x-ray isn't it? How can it possibly take 2 weeks? Oh well, at least you had it taken promptly. I once called-in at that hospital (on my from the doctor to Asda) to make an x-ray appointment and they did it there and then! Can't really complain about the service in that respect. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanna
    Yes - I have had my "wrists slapped" by others. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post