Mold II photos

Good morning everyone
Just popping in to make a correction to this post.  The little flowers on the lilac & white card by Carolyn are not freesias but fuschias.  I think I had got so excited about being able to order the die I got confused as to what the flower was.
Getting confused is not difficult for me these days.

Good evening everyone.
Yes! the meeting was only this evening & it is not usual for me to put the photos up on the same day. But when Bob is not at home I tend to stay up later, also I was home at a reasonable time - so able to sort the photos onto my laptop sooner.  There is only one set from this evenings meeting & they are of the Show & Tell cards where the theme was a card using Polka Dots.



Look at this lovely little fellow - even his t-shirt is spotty. Isn't he cute?


This is absolutely stunning in black & cream.  The black layer was done on Co-ordination's card & sanded back to the core.  Even the dandelion looks spotty & what a beautiful stamp.


This is another stunning card - very clean & simple, & the little freesias on it caused quite a stir & a long discussion on how to they were made. Sorry that should have read fuschias.
Read more at the end of the photos.


A close up of the flowers - aren't they exquisite?


A clever use of that hexagonal stamp you received a while back - lovely & dotty  & it goes so well with the embossed background.


Another clean & simple design & isn't that greeting stamp gorgeous.  Beautiful flower & I love the way the petal has been used to make a border down the open edge.


Wow - very elegant.  There are even dots on her bodice.
I forgot to take a photo of the back of this card as it had been layered with a similar patterned panel & looked really lovely & was a nice finish to the card. Another long point of discussion this evening - lots of us thought we should think more about the back of our cards.

Ladies - you did a magnificent job they are all lovely & so different.

Now! those little freesias.  No Gloria - they are fuschias. Carolyn whose card it was explained that they were from a die (Britannia Dies) & she had brought in the components to show us.  The die is basically for making roses, but you can make freesias (fuschias, fuschias) & poppies too.  Well! most everyone wanted the die.  I certainly did. I know I say I am not buying anymore things - but I just have to have that die.  There was quite a laugh going on about who was going to get home first to order it.  Well, I don't know if I was first home - but I ordered it from Joanna Sheen.  I nearly bought the wrong die - but as I was about to click on it noticed that it was out of stock.  Really disappointed.  So I went looking elsewhere then remembered something Carolyn had said about being able to die cut 2 at once.  So I went back to Joanna Sheen & there was the die.  It almost looks like a border die & has 4 flower shapes & 2 calyx shapes. Brilliant.  Credit card out & quickly ordered.  I hope anyone else who was after it has been successful too.  Joanna Sheen's orders are usually filled quite quickly - so I could be playing with it in a day or two.

Back to Mold II meeting - there aren't any photos of a project as the ladies brought in their embossing folders & about 6 brought in their embossing/die cutting machines & everyone just embossed as many designs as they could - a really fun evening.  In a couple of months they are having a similar evening but with dies.

well it is getting late so I suppose I had better be off to my bed.  More tomorrow.
Night night & sleep well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post