Oops - more Christmas Cards & unusual present

Good evening ladies.

The oops is because whilst pottering around this morning before going to meet Caroline I spotted that on the top of a corner unit in our dining room I was still displaying 4 Christmas cards.  So they haven't appeared in the slide show.  Also on Tuesday I was given a Christmas Card that had been left for me at the craft shop down the road & today I met up with Caroline to exchange Christmas stockings & that included her Christmas Card to me.  So will photograph them tomorrow & put them on tomorrows blog.

I had a nice few hours with Caroline - we visited a wholesale store on the Wirral & I bought some things  towards next Christmas.  Yes! I really am getting organised.  But - of course I will have to remember where I have put them.  Afterwards we went to the garden centre behind Hulme Hall & had lunch & a good long natter.  Very nice indeed.

When I got home I had received a parcel from one of the online sites I buy things from.  The one I got most of the Christmas raffle prizes from - some more bargains, including a free stamp set.  Very nice.

I mentioned above exchanging Christmas stockings with Caroline.  Each year for some time now we have made each other up a Christmas stocking - but the weather beat us this time so we have only just managed to meet up.  So I have had another Christmas day.

Early in the evening Gareth popped in to see us & he remarked on the Christmas goodies (choccies etc) still on the table in the lounge.  If I put them in the cupboard they will probably get forgotten - so I have left them out.  That brings me to unusual present.  Russ & Nadine gave me a presentation box of a Toast rack & Marmite.  I know its not to everyones liking but I was brought up on Marmite.  The only thing was they also gave me a bar of chocolate - with Marmite in.  I mentioned to Gareth that I hadn't had the courage to try it yet.  So! I asked if he would like to give it a try - with me having some as well.  He said he would try it - so I opened the wrapping.  First thing is a light Marmite aroma.  The chocolate bar was quite thin.  So courage in both hands - well mouth actually - we tried it.  It was actually quite nice.  You could sense the Marmite but it wasn't overpowering.  So there you go.

Before Gareth arrived I had been up in the craft room & made 3 quick cards.  Yes! - three.  They were quick ones using papers & toppers again from my stash.  I am putting them all in a box - then at the end of the month I will photograph them & post a slide show.

After all that excitement - I am tired enough to think it is time for bed.  Whatever you are doing this weekend I hope it is enjoyable.  Let's hope the weather is reasonable.

More tomorrow.  Night, night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post