just chatting

Hi everyone - well I guess it is almost back to normal now, isn't it!  Perhaps for many of you it already is - but I am still lagging behind.

For us, Bob & I, the Christmas holiday goes on until this date every year, because today is Bob's birthday. We have just spent a very pleasant evening with the family - they were all here - Russ & Nadine, Gareth & Elayne.  I say they were all here - but of course Bob has a daughter too - unfortunately she lives in the States & therefore wasn't here. Normally we go out for a meal but Bob still hasn't been outside the house & is still in quite a bit of discomfort - so it was a home celebration tonight.  To save anyone doing any cooking we ordered from Domino's pizza place.

Bob had decided he might venture outside today & come with me to the shops (although he would probably just stay in the car) - so just for the drive.  But after all we didn't really need any shopping so we didn't go out. This made for a really relaxing day - as after I had had a lazy start to the day, & then seen to the things that really had to be done - we just chilled out.  I had an animated film to watch (just love them to bits - watched Gnomeo & Juliet), then while Bob was watching the Rugby I curled up with a book.  It is a book I came upon quite by accident & is called "Tommy's War" & is actually the diary of a Scotsman who kept a diary for a lot of his life & this book is his diary around WW1. The beauty of it is - it is not some great lengthy writing - just odd sentences that explain the day - but - he drew in it too.  Very basic drawings but instilled with quite a bit of humour.  I had a job taking my nose out of it.  In the foreword to it I discovered it had actually been shown on Antiques Roadshow some time back.

I have started with my new year stamping & have made some cards - obviously made one for Bob & will show photos during next few days. I am hoping that some ideas I have will actually materialise into cards.  I always seem to get ideas just before going to sleep - then have a job remembering the actual idea the next day.  Perhaps it is time to have that notepad & pen beside the bed.

I start back with workshops next week.  My first one was meant to be a rubber stamping one - but no takers to date. Then I have 2 crochet ones & at the weekend a Zentangle one.  Well! at least a date has been booked I need to ring & see if it has takers.

Well that's a quick chat for this evening - hopefully get back to more interest stamping stuff over the next few days.

I did enter a digital challenge this week - in fact just made it before the deadline.  If you want to see what I did - click on "My Digital Blog" above.

Night night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post