Play day

Hi everyone

I had quite a good play day today.  It started with making a special birthday card - which I won't be able to show you for a day or two.

Then - whilst having my lunch & watching Sheena Douglass on C&C I discovered something else to try.  I really only caught the tail end of the programme - but as she is the Four Day Deal this week I have gone ahead & set all the programmes to record.  Hopefully they will repeat today's programme & I can see the bit I missed.

Anyway at the point I watched she was taking embossing folders a stage further.  After watching I just had to have a try & here is the result of my play;


A piece of card is embossed in an embossing folder (the piece on the left), then the raised areas (as much or as little as suits) are coloured with pens.  I used Promarkers.  This looks good in its own right but the colours I used were quite bright - so if I hadn't been going on to do the next stage I would have used softer colours.  When the colouring is dry - or you use your heat gun to speed things up - the whole thing is coloured with a layer of Gesso.  The effect as you can see is to soften the image. 

This folder was the first one I could grab out of my storage binder - I have one in mind to try tomorrow that has a smaller more all over pattern. Mind you I have quite a busy day tomorrow so not sure if I will have time - although it doesn't actually take long to do.

Tomorrow evening is the first 2014 meeting of Mold II club - so there will be photos to show you from the evening - which will probably be put here on Wednesday.

That's me for tonight - I can't wait to have another go at this & to see what else Sheena did.

Night night - sleep well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post