my first Christmas card

.. which is really a practice run on the idea.

Hello everyone - how is your weekend going?

A couple of days ago I decided it was time to try out one of my ideas for the Christmas cards I will be making. In this recent tidy up I saw a Christmas stamp I hadn't used - it was part of a set & I had used some of the set but not the main image.

Here is the card;


I can't remember who the stamp is by - but it consists of the wording with a poinsettia set in the middle.  So I stamped & embossed it in gold on white card,  then stamped a second poinsettia.  One of my new sets of frame dies was just the right size - it did pinch off a little of the lower petal of the flower, but when I layered the second flower on top that laid above the frame so it didn't matter.  The next size up frame die I used for the gold card.  I layered the gold card onto the base card, then the white card onto the gold card then the second flower.  I had cut out a couple of the petals to give a 3-d appearance but I think when I do it again I will leave the second flower whole.  The seasons greeting stamp is one of CaroLines - which I have had a long time.

Now! you must have read the post about my problem with opening the glue!!!  Well I used that glue on this card.  As I was pressing down on the white card to stick it to thhe gold card, some of the glue seeped out onto the gold card - so I gently wiped it away with a tissue.  Perhaps I should have waited until it set then gently pulled it away - because it took the gold colour off the gold card.  You can just make out the mark in the top right of the gold card.  When I make some more I have decided anyway that the white card will be on thin sticky dots to raise it a little.

Bob particularly liked this card & asked if I would make it for him to send out to those he sends to - so better set myself for a good session as that's 15 cards.  That should get me in the mood for Christmas.

Well, I had better go now & get started.  More tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post