Just chatting

Hi everyone
Today I have been busy sorting out a project that I am doing for HSNW.

I have been deconstructing a rather clever collapsing box so that it can be reproduced in smaller sizes & also replicated in its original size.  I say deconstructing the box - but I am not taking it apart.  The first thing I had to do was to" break it down" into sections & see how they worked together to make the complete box.  Then I drew up a draft plan of the various pieces with the original measurements marked on it.  Following that I drew up two more layouts one at half the size of the original & one at a quarter smaller than the original. Does that make sense.  Another stage was to calculate how much card is needed to make the two smaller sizes.

Of course my final test will be in drawing out the sections at the required sizes, cutting them out & making up the two boxes, & for it to actually look right it will need to be decorated too.

This will keep me a bit occupied for a few days as I am showing the group how to make this box at our October meeting.  Unfortunately at the moment I will be unable to show you the project - but will have a word with the HSNW group & see if they mind me showing you the boxes & perhaps how they are made.

I have a couple of birthday cards to make this week & will show them to you when they are done.

On Thursday it is the Mold August meeting & they are getting their visit from my colleague Marie, from HSNW, as CSNW did at the beginning of the month.  It will then be Mold II's turn on Tuesday.

That has been my day today - more tomorrow.
Take care everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post