Mold August meeting

Hi everyone
I have started typing up some of the blog before going to the meeting as there were a couple of things to chat about.

I seem to remember that I did mention that I joined the UK Stampers Network - paper exchange club - when I visited the Stamping show in Wrexham.  Yes - I did I remember telling you how Sue & I came to be at the table.  There are several sections & the one I joined was the Gift Tag group.  I have now received my first set of tags.  I have to take one out & put one in & send the envelope on to someone else in the group.  I also have to make 4 identical tags & start those on a similar round.  But along with my first gift tag came another package.  Mickey the lady demonstrating the group at Wrexham was putting the names of everyone who joined that day, in a bag & at the end of the show a name would be drawn out & that person would win a little bag of goodies.  It turns out that I was the winner.  There is a pack of mulberry paper; a pack of scrapbook style mini frames (very decorative); an ink pad & a little set of stamps - numbers that look like cross stitch.

This morning I prepared 2 examples of the project for the Mold September meeting - a little inchies box.  I haven't taken a picture of them yet but will do tonight.  I also made a couple of birthday cards & will photograph them tomorrow, as I hope to be making some more.

Tomorrow I want to do some more work on my 2011 project & I still haven't done any blogging on my personal blog.  Must pull my finger out.

Right I am stopping now.  It's time for my dinner then it will be time to go to the meeting.  I will continue with this when I get back home afterwards.

Well! I am back & we had a very good meeting.  Marie showed again how she uses bamboo tiles not just on cards & canvases but for jewellery.  Also showed alcohol inks on clear buttons.  As well as that there were a lot of hints & tips on the ways to use the various inks & lots of ideas.  Once again the ladies preferred to listen to Marie & then do some shopping rather than have a play but they were all given their goodie bag & I have asked that they use them at home & then bring the items next month so that I can photograph them & send them to Marie.

We had an extra visitor tonight as well - as Sue managed to pop in.  She cannot come to the club every month now due to other commitments but is going to pop in from time to time - it was good to see her.

Oh yes after all my careful preparation this morning I went to the meeting without the examples of next month's project.  So I will have to put a photograph up in the next few days so that the ladies can get an idea of what it looked like.

That's it for tonight ladies - I am afraid I am a little too tired to put the photographs up from tonight's Show & Tell - will do it during the day tomorrow.

Hope you have had a pleasant evening with whatever you have been doing.  By the way I missed a fantastic sunset tonight.  Never mind there will be lots more.

Nigh night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post