Just chatting

Good evening ladies
Well! I have held my first full Friendly Plastic workshop today.  I had two ladies on the workshop who were certainly very interested in finding out more.

After explaining bits & pieces about FP we settled down to making our first piece of artwork.  I showed how to fuse more than one strip together to create another piece of FP,  Then a second piece was constructed which was then marbled - you remember when we did it club night - where you drag the needle tool through to create the chevron pattern.  Other pieces that were made were the lace effect & also stamping into FP.  Then I suggested that they make their own marbling tool.  That was good fun & was made from two rectangles of FP with some needles placed between them with the points sticking out.  We used 5 needles for each tool & then of course they had to be put to the test, & another piece of FP was fused then marbled with the new tool.  Brilliant!

It was a most enjoyable couple of hours & a second workshop covering other aspects is to be organised probably in October.  Before that thought I have to make myself a marbling tool - I can't not have one myself.

I have tried the melt pot method for softening the FP but the actual pot only holds a shallow amount of water, & I managed to soften a piece of FP & make a bead. So I need to try it with a small foil dish holding water to manage slightly larger pieces.

A very satisfying morning.

That's me for tonight.  More tomorrow
Sleep well, night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post