CSNW meeting photos - part 2

Hello again.

Here I am back with the photos from the CSNW project last night which was the Rocker Card. Here are the photos starting with 2 or 3 showing them all lined up on the table.




Don't they look brilliant in a group.  Can you imagine your mantelpiece or windowsill at Christmas with a display of these?  Especially if some of the are sparkly.


Don't you just want to take him home - absolutely lovely.  A nice clean & simple design - just like I prefer to do.


Ah!  he is so sweet.  What a pretty design - again clean & simple.  This shows that clean & simple doesn't always mean the card has to be white.


It looks like everybody is going for the clean cut look.  Now Bob would love this card - owls are one of his favourite birds.  Those flowers at the side just suit the whole design.


Still clean & simple but with a bit of umph.  Those flowers are dramatic - but now you are in my favourite colour group.
I will let you into a little secret that is one of the colours in my flowers for next year.

I would also like to make a comment here, if I may, about the "balance" of a design. New people to the craft often ask question about what & how should they put on a card, & what will look right to the eye.  This card is quite a good one to explain this. The card is made up of 3 main sections - the central panel & one either side of it.  All 3 of those sections has 3 flowers on.  the middle one has the large one for the focus then the smaller one to complete the look.  The 2 small flowers on the side panels are complimentary to each other in their diagonal direction & take the eye to the main flower.  The sentiment on the bottom does not overshadow the design & is linked to the whole with another smaller flower.  If you treat the sentiment & the tiny flower as one unit - there are 7 items on this card.  Odd numbers always look right.  I know that each of the other sections has an even number on them - which of course add up to another even number - but the whole is an odd number which is what the brain sees & is happy with.

Phew! get me - that went on a bit - but I thought for the benefit of new crafters I would put that in.  Just think about a blouse that has a button front - if it has an odd number of buttons it is bound to look better than one with an even number of buttons - mainly because it means there is a button in an important place not a gaping front.  OK - back to the photos of the cards ............


Look at this little cutie - you can't help but love it.
Yesterday I was preparing an image for paper piecing which CSNW ladies are doing next month & I nearly picked this image for the sample.


That beautiful building really doesn't want much else with it - I think.  I lover the little splash of green on the bush really sets it off.


Another cutie!  That leaf pattern paper is just ideal for the little hedgehog. I am sure that is one of the recent magazine freebie stamps - they really are more useful these days.  Is he sniffing the perfume or is he using it as a sunshade?


A cute Teddie who was being put together as I arrived for the meeting.  When this card rocks the glitter on those flowers will really sparkle.


Nice & clean card with delicate colours.  Possibly waiting for some embellishments?


Ooh - love is in the air.  This shape card works for any occasion & sentiment & image


There was a lot of cutting out involved for this delicately coloured card.  I should think that when it rocks it will look like the butterflies are trying to fly away.


Very elegant - cream with a splash of black & just that bit of colour from the ribbon which really finishes the front lower panel off nicely.

There you have it ladies - rocker cards & once again I must thank Carolyn of Mold II for bringing the card to us & drawing up the template as well.  I think this card will be very popular this year.

Tomorrow I am meeting my friend Caroline - we are going to Inspirations on the Wirral.  It is a wholesaler that deals mainly in artificial flowers & gifts & wedding items.  We meet there quite a bit as Caroline uses much of the things in her projects.  It is also where I got the artificial flowers from for my table settings for next year.  I would have gone with fresh flowers but Bob seems to have an allergy to some of them these days - so, as I don't want him sneezing his head off on the day I thought I would go with silk.

That's me for today - hopefully more tomorrow.  I will try & sort out that photo of the cream tea Sylvia & I had Tuesday.

'Bye for now - have a good evening.



Comments

  1. Hi, thanks for the mention, wonderful cards I have to say!! So glad the CSNW ladies enjoyed the template. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post