more cards

Good evening everyone

Sorry I didn't write anything yesterday but I did decide to indulge in watching the Olympics.  Although whilst I was watching some of it I did produce another digi page which will be on my blog later.

The two cards I made this weekend are these two;


I need to make some quick cards for my fund raising - so I thought I would start stamping some for that.  I decided to use the Beetle from a set of car stamps that I have - but couldn't make up my mind how I was going to use it.  Then of course it was obvious - flower power.  The Beetle was quite popular at that time & they were always painted with big flowers & things.  So a quick search through scrap book papers & there it was.  You can see I have shows the paper beside the card.  After stamping it on the paper I changed my mind as to how I was going to use it. So I stamped it again this time directly on the card.  Then from the one stamped on the paper I cut the roof, bonnet & side, fortunately managing to cut them in one piece.  I found an ink pad that was virtually the same colour as the background of the paper & coloured in the rest of the car using my waterbrush. Only when I took the photo did I notice I have an ink smudge just by the back of the car - so need to work out how to disguise that..

This is the set of stamps showing the cars;


I have already used the Model T Ford in another card that was for a challenge before I went on holiday.  

Now my second card of the day - is also going to be suitable for the fund raising box, but was made for a challenge over at Less is More where the theme this weekend is a one layer card featuring Fur or Feathers. I felt a cute design would probably be the best choice - I don't do them often.  So here it is


That is not a mark on the card, this time, next to the rabbit - it is a shadow which I found difficult to avoid when taking the photo.  He's rather cute isn't he?  Here is the set of stamps I used - 


quite a sweet little set.  the magazines really are giving us better freebies now.

So there you have my next cards - I think they are numbers 5 & 6.  I'm off to post this & the challenge card to Less Is More blog.

Hope you have had a good weekend.  More tomorrow.

Oooh just remembered - I  usually show you photos of my birthday cards that I have received & I haven't done that yet.  Will work on taking the photos tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post