Just chatting

Good evening ladies

I am sorry I didn't post last night but I had a fairly busy day & didn't get any crafting done.

The main thing I wanted to do yesterday was to pop to the craft shop in Llandudno & pick up some supplies for a workshop I have next week - which is definitely going ahead.  I am doing black & white Christmas & there are 5 people on it.  I knew - well I thought I did - that the shop would have black & white Christmas peeloffs which I could use.  I was very disappointed with their selection & that great Christmas Shop that they had next door has been cut down in size & wasn't very good at all.  Still I got some black cards to use & a couple of peeloffs - I think I have some others left over from the last time I did this workshop. I was disappointed with the shop in general too - it wasn't so good as before - well I didn't think so.

After I left there I popped into Tweedmill as I wanted to find a top to go with some black evening trousers for the function Bob & I are going to aboard HMS Warrior in Portsmouth in October.  They had a pretty good sale going on - but I think they were clearing the summer stock ready for the new Autumn Winter stock.  Nothing really jumped out at me.

Next week I am hoping to go to Boundary Mill - if Nadine has a day off to suit.  Better to have someone with me I think.

This brings us to today - where again I have not done any crafting - but that is because I have been out all day with Gareth.  We set off to visit Dunham Massey but the House doesn't open on Fridays & as it was the house we wanted to see we didn't stay.  From there we drove back the way we had come & went to see if we could visit Arley Hall.  The house is only open on Sundays.  So we decided to have a drive through the countryside & I spotted on his satnav that we were near Great Budworth.  I don't know why but I thought there was something about Great Budworth that I should remember.  But no.  Anyway we drove there & what a beautiful village it is.  We parked the car & as it was now lunch time we popped into the local hostelry for lunch.  Afterwards we took a walk around the village & around the church.  I have some photos which I will show you tomorrow.  Following that we took a countryside drive back home in order to get back before the roads round here got clogged up with the weekend traffic.

Sadly I have a sympathy card to make as one of Bob's Sisters-in-law passed away yesterday morning.  But on the brighter side his grand-daughter did well in her GCSE exams - so I also have a Well Done card to make.  So definitely crafting tomorrow - especially as Bob will be watching rugby.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.
More tomorrow - night night.

Comments

  1. I agree with your comments about the craft shop in Llandudno - very disappointing lately and their prices have risen too I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post