Two CAS cards

CAS cards??
As I haven't used the phrase for a while - a reminder that it means clean & simple.  That was the style I wanted for my first few cards for this year.

There is no sentiment on them at this stage as they are standby cards for that sudden need for a card.  That way I can add the appropriate sentiment when I need to use it.


I have scored a border around the four sides of the card.  The image is from the Art Deco freebie set from last year.  I stamped it in Adirondack Denim ink.  Then for the first time this year out came my water brush & I pulled some of the colour into the flowers. 

The vertical score line on the right hand side of the card does not show up very well.


In this one the scored outline shows up clearer.  In the photo this image looks black but it was in fact a Versafine Imperial Purple ink pad.  Versafine dries quickly so I couldn't pull the colour through so I found another purple shade & using the water brush lightly coloured the flowers.  This one will probably be suitable for a sympathy card - but as I had quite a few of those to do in 2012 I am hoping not to have any this year.

Whilst I was out yesterday I picked up a copy of DoCrafts Creativity magazine - it had a free set of stamps & a CD for background papers.  The main image is a globe atlas, & there are cogs & a watch on it along with some sentiments.  Great set for men's cards.  So, I think that will be tomorrows cards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post