I am still here

Good evening everyone

I am sorry I have not been around for a couple of days but I believe I did mention that thiss weekend Bob had a naval reunion dinner that we were going to. It was for the people who had served on the island of Mauritius, & was being held on the lovely old iron warship HMS Warrior, in Portsmouth Harbour.

Well, that is why I have been absent.  I didn't take my net book with me so couldn't write anything. 

We travelled to Portsmouth on Friday & met up with one of Bob's colleagues & his wife from that time & had a very nice evening & meal together.  It was nice for me because it meant when we got to the big gathering Saturday night I already knew someone.  But the one thing I have always found is that Naval people are very friendly & you are never on your own for more than a few moments - someone will come & talk to you & keep you company.  Having been looked after it than manner before I found it much easier to go & talk to a lady I noticed near our group who was temporarily alone.  All the men who had served on the island were dragged off to have a group photo. So she was alone whilst her husband was doing that, & like me with Bob, she had not been out there with her husband.

It was a very long evening & although they had a plan of action it didn't stay with it.  There should have been 2 raffle sessions due to the amount of prizes - but it didn't happen that way - so we had a very long raffle session.  Still! I came out of it with 2 bottles of wine.  Well, I say I did - when Bob went to get raffle tickets I asked him to get me some & I would pay him back later.  Haven't done that yet - so correctly - Bob won 2 bottles of wine.

Also during the day on Saturday we popped over to Chichester to the crematorium where my Mum & Dad's ashes have been laid to put down some flowers.  An elderly aunt who lived with me for some years & was going to come to North Wales with us - but sadly passed away just before we came has her ashes there too - so some flowers were laid for her as well.

We drove home today, after popping into see my friend Veronica for about an hour.  I think we are both feeling the effects of 2 after midnight evenings (getting old you see!) & Bob has to be up early tomorrow to go to Coventry.  Tomorrow evening I have the second session on the birthday card book with my HSNW ladies.

I am hoping I will have some time to make some cards tomorrow - but we will see.  I definitely have a sympathy card to make - my 4th in 10 days, & the story for this one is very sad indeed.  Just over a week ago the husband of a colleague of Bob's lost his father & the funeral was on Friday.  Shortly after the funeral his mother, it is believed, had a heart attack & also died.  How can life be so cruel - it is so sad.

That is me for today - hope you all have had a good weekend.
Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post