Just chatting & candles

Hello everyone - sorry I didn't drop in yesterday, but I spent all day sorting paper & card in my craft room & didn't think you would find that that interesting to read about.  Well not actually day as I did pop down for my exercise first thing.

I have also been again this morning.  I am not going to bore you everyday with an update - or I might change my mind you can never tell.  I am managing the exercise a lot better now - today I managed to spend 40 minutes on the treadmill & 10 minutes (yes ten!) on the Harley Davidson.  I was pleased with that as it shows my knees are loosening a bit.  No swimming this week though.

Last night I visited a local WI to demonstrate decorating candles, & help them decorate a candle each.  I was left with 5 candles - so I expect I will decorate those & put them in as raffle prizes or on a forthcoming sales table to add to the fund-raising of one of my groups. It was a most enjoyable evening - here are a couple of examples of their work;



Everyone went away with a decorated candle & a couple of ladies had 2 because they made them for ladies that couldn't get to the meeting last night.

Perhaps we should do this at a club night next year - close to Christmas.  The difference being you would be stamping your decorations.  I will look into the practicalities of doing this, as we should use heat guns.  But health & safety wise it might not be advisable.  The images could still be applied - like last nights - with glue.  I will give it some thought.  Let me know what you think.

I am off up to my craft room to create a "mock up" of the birthday book that I am showing HSNW members to make, as they get to put the book together next Monday.  I am not decorating the pages or the covers - it is purely a mock up.  Mind you I might be able to complete it with decorative papers after it is finished - stamping on it then would be difficult.

I hope you are having a good day. More chat tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post