wedding diary - page 3

Hi everyone - here is the next page in the diary.

Today I marzipanned the cake - I am not sure about the spelling of that.  Blogger didn't like 2 "n's" - but didn't show it with one.  I threw a bit of a a panic at one point as I couldn't find my smoother tool - but as it is not so important for the marzipan I didn't go too bad.  Although I then realised I couldn't find my mini roller which I use for rolling out the petal paste for the flowers either.

Later in the day I had a call from Nadine to say when she is off next week in order to help me with table decorations - & she has my smoother.  She doesn't think she has the rolling pin - but will look - but also has one anyway which I can borrow.  So! panic - mild or otherwise - over.

Here is the cake, sitting on it's board & in the box;


In the box is the bigger board as well.  Once the cake is covered in fondant icing it will sit on the larger board which will also be covered in fondant icing.

Tomorrow I hope to make the bases for the flowers & then during the next couple of weeks make all the flowers & leaves.  You will have to wait until after the wedding to see those I am afraid.

I did make a card for Bob yesterday - for today - fairly clean & simple design will show it to you some time later.

Hope you have had a lovely Valentines Day & that you received some nice surprises - or at least - a nice card.

More tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Oops forgot - nice to see the snow didn't last.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post