just chatting

Good heavens - can you believe this weather.  My shoulder is starting to peel from the sunburn of last weekend - if I was to sit out there now I would get rust!!!

It doesn't bode well for the bank holiday weekend does it?  Although I believe the weather forecast did imply Sunday & Monday could be better.  Let's hope.

Well now - what sort of day have you had.   Let me tell you about mine - because I can.

I had a very lazy late start to the day & whilst I was lazing about I planned my day & the crafting I would be doing.  It was mainly organising club workshops. Sorting the things I would do, working out how long each would take in order to see how much I could fit in on one day.

So I sat at my desk & laid out all the things I needed for the first project I was going to plan & make samples for.  I then checked my watch & started.  The first thing I had to do was emboss a piece of card in my E-bosser.  I got out the plates made the sandwich, turned the E-bosser on & placed the plates & folder & card in the machine.  It picked them up & then stopped.  I waited - because if you have the sandwich wrong it throws it out again.  I waited - no throw out.  In fact everything came to a dead stop. I switched the machine off, then tried again - nothing.  I gently tried to pull the boards out - won't move. Oh my goodness what am I going to do.

I googled the problem & found that if it really wouldn't reverse out - they did say you could hit it with a rubber mallet.

Bob was busy preparing some work for himself for next week - but I stood meekly by (meekly!! - quietly I think) - & waited until he could talk to me.  Then I asked if he had a rubber mallet.   He did - but what did I want it for.  I explained.  He took a look but couldn't spend much time as he was about to go out for an appointment.

Whilst he was out I googled a bit more - but no new information was found.  On his return Bob took a look at the problem tried hitting it with a rubber mallet - no cure.  Eventually he decided to see if he could dismantle the machine & thereby release everything. Of course I was concerned that if he dismantled it & it didn't work we would have no comeback - but then if he didn't do anything I had no machine anyway.

E-bosser was stripped down, offending items removed, put back together again & tested. Not quite as quickly as that sentence implies. I now know why I have this man in my life - I have a fully working E-bosser again & can continue with my samples.

To say thank you - I took him out for a meal - & very nice it was too.

Why did it jam? --  I hear someone ask.  Well I didn't know why - until just before Bob released it. When I noticed that when I picked up the 2 main plates I had also picked up the shim plate which must have been stuck between them & therefore made it too thick for the machine to handle.  I now store them upright so that I can more clearly see the different plates.  A hard hard lesson - I had begun to worry that C&C might have sold out of their current E-bosser offer should I need to buy another one.

All is calm once again, & I managed to get 2 of my samples prepared & timed - before going out for the meal.

That is me for tonight - more tomorrow hopefully.
Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post