A decoupage challenge & workshop idea.

Hi everyone


Today I entered another one of those challenges that I seem to have become addicted too.  addicted in a good way of course & it is certainly helping my creativity mojo.


Todays entry was for a blog called Stamptacular Sunday where their theme was "layer it on" & they wanted a minimum of 5 layers.  Anyway I found a stamp I hadn't worked with for a while & managed 6 layers in total.  I will put a picture here;-

The full instructions are on my blog here.

I mentioned a couple of days ago about an idea I had to help with my rubber stamping workshop.  Do you remember the sunset I took the other week - this was one of them -

& it gave me an idea.  We had been covering using brayers & inks to colour card & paper & talking about how you could use it afterwards.

So, I coloured an A6 piece of smooth card (the type Barbara Gray of Clarity uses) with Kaleidacolor Ink pad called "autumn leaves" using pieces of cut 'n dry & carefully merging the colours into each other.  I even used Barbara's method of masking off the edges of the card to get a nice even border around the colour. Then I stamped the silhouette spray a couple of times with Versafine Black ink.

This was the result;- 

The colours in the actual sample are a little more sunset coloured than appears in this scan, although the dark patch near the top is about right.  Its the bottom colour that looks a little lighter than it is.  But it shows how the things we see around us can help us create.  I need now to find the right card etc to layer this onto.  I will look into that over the weekend & see what I can come up with.  A picture will be taken & put on the blog for you to see.

If you are off to the Stamp Festival tomorrow - have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post