HSNW Stamp Festival

Well! it was really strange being at the stamp festival without actually working.  Sue & I arrived a short while after noon.  She had decided that she would walk round on her own & meet up with me about an hour later to see how things were going.

I was very good & didn't spend a lot of money or in fact buy a lot of things.  I have bought something for a raffle at each of the clubs - I think you will like it - but it will probably not appear until first meeting 2011, but you never know.  One of the things I really wanted to get was the craft mat that Gordon from Once Upon A Stamp had invented.  I first saw it on Create & Craft.  It has been treated on one side so that it clings to your desk, then when your doing all that lovely blending & things with inks it doesn't slide around all over the place.  I must admit I had encountered quite a problem with that.  So I am looking forward to using it.

I also bought a stamp from Mary K of Stamp Camp USA - the stamp doesn't look that much in itself - it has 3 solid long diamonds in a row & that's it.  But the decorating & fun comes with what you do with combinations of other stamps with it.  When I have played I will put photo on blog.

Did you see the lovely little battery tea light ornaments on CaroLines stand - she had fan shaped covers made from parchment paper, & the fans can be used to decorate a card, make a table centre, put on a serviette wrap - altogether making a beautiful table setting. There were also some beautiful stamped candle votives - again for battery operated tea lights.  I can see my Christmas table being decorated with tea lights this year.

The best part of my visit was all the lovely people who came up to me gave me big hugs, kisses & wanted to know how I was.  I feel very humbled by all your kind wishes & thoughts & concern.  Thank you very much.  I even got a big hug & kiss from Andy who works for Hulme Hall & was on duty at the refreshment bar.

Sue & I left around 2:30 I think & I have to say that once I was here at home with a cup of tea & my feet up I did feel a bit tired.  But I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  It was really quite interesting seeing the festival from the other side of the counter so to speak.

Oooh, nearly forgot, remember that black & white card with the decoupage on that I wrote about yesterday?  Well I entered that for the festival competition too.  There were lots of beautiful cards there I don't envy the judge their work.  Did you also spot my black & white offerings on the club members exhibition board?  Gosh I have been busy!

I hope that all of you who attended had a good day & bought lots of lovely things.  i want to hear about what you bought so don't forget to let me know.  See you briefly at your next club night.  Did you take a look at Card-io's stand - they have got some great new stamps.

Well, that's it for now.  Bob has just got home - I expect he will be tired having been on duty at the festival all day.  It was really strange when he left home this morning to be there & I wasn't going with him.

More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post