No cards & a wedding

Good evening ladies
Well! I didn't craft today after all even though I had worked out what I was going to be doing.

This afternoon I had a phone call from a very dear friend of many years to let me know her daughter had fixed her wedding day.  I think I may have mentioned the possibility of a wedding a few months back.  My god-daughter had announced she was getting married.

As time progressed there were changes to the plan & the wedding was going to take place later than first thought possibly even 2013.  Now the date has been fixed & it is on 4 April this year, & being held in the New Forest.  When I first heard last year I offered to make the wedding cake as my gift which was accepted.  So since the phone call this afternoon to say the wedding date has been fixed the afternoon has been taken up with questions & phone calls.

What size cake?  How many people?  What shape cake?  How many cakes?  Both fruit?  What colour icing?  What flower & what colour?  Any special requirements?

Phew! evenreading & writing that leaves me breathless.  First answers were - 18/100 people.  Simple cake design.

About 90 minutes later another call - shape of cake to suit me, around 150 people, white icing,two cakes please - one fruit one sponge, staggered layout (that is two cakes on different levels),  are tulips possible & even more so - could they be made from marzipan rather than icing.

Wow! Am I glad that for this wedding I am only making the cake.  So tomorrow off to get the ingredients for the fruit cake & a tin to bake it in.  Also a search through my cake flower books for tulips.  Next stage will be to buy some marzipan & see if I can mould tulips.

As the 4 April is the Wednesday before Good Friday - Bob has already booked our hotel, to make sure we get somewhere,  for 2 nights - & managed to get into the one where the reception is being held.

So as well as what ever card making I do - over the next 2-3 months you can follow my work on a wedding cake.  Of course there will be the wedding card too.

I did take a photo tonight of the sunset - but I think it had gone too far over before I realised the colour that was there.  I just thought it was a very strange light then realised what it was.  Will look at the photos tomorrow & if they are any good will show them to you.

So!  a very unexpected day.

Sleep tight.  Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. So..... we'll be having a change to our programme then - as I assume we'll be left to our own devices I would say have a good time but I bet you'll be stressing until the cake is in situ safely Cheers Verena x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post