canvas

Hi everyone - just popping back in quickly

When I was checking I had got everything in the box for tonight's meeting I remembered I was going to print off the photo from a HSNW colleague of her canvas to take & show everyone. I have - I am pretty certain put the photo on the projects page.  After printing the photo I had a thought - so popped up to the craft room, dug out a canvas & decorated it. here it is & I will put it on the projects page too;


There is some more I want to do to it - glue a cord around the edges & create a hanging loop.  as my button decorations would get in the way of any stamping I will try & find some small things to get rid of some of that negative space.  I coloured with distress Inks - Crushed Olive & (hmm, brain gone again - cant remember the name of the other one) but it was a Honey colour.  I stamped the flourish flowers with black archival ink & then punched some leaves out of thin scrap paper & brushed the Forest Moss Distress Ink through the hole. I covered some of the smaller flowers on the flourish with buttons & then coloured the others with gel pens.  The peel-off butterfly didn't want to stick, so I gave it some stick glue on the back to help it & then coloured it in with gel pens.

Marie will have some more exciting examples but I thought you might like to see that I have had a go.  i will bring the canvas to the meetings.

'Bye for now.l

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post