Christmas cards

Good evening everyone

This afternoon I took some of my Christmas cards to the next stage & added the toppers to the base card;




When I was looking among my ribbon boxes (yes I have more than one) for the ribbons to use I got a bit fed up with the mess they had got into.  So I left the cards for a while & sorted the ribbons. I now have two boxes that contain reels of ribbon - both large & small & also 12 poly-bags that contain lengths of ribbon.  I was amazed at the different colours I had collected over time & it was quite interesting sorting them out - remembering why & when I had bought them.


Red seems the biggest selection in this set.  The colours in this group are - red, green, gold, cream, burgundy & festive.


In this group the colours are - white, blue, lilac/purple, yellow/orange, pink & black


I also found a few strings of tiny beads - well they are not beads actually - not sure how to describe them.  The little square box has short lengths of narrow ribbon in it - they are the ones I cut out of clothes.  Waste not want not!  So some more organisation done.

Now that I know what dies work with which stamped topper I will be able to die-cut more than one at a time.  Up to now I cut the "let it snow", then I cut the "snowflake" & then the "deck the halls" one at a time, as I was using up small pieces of card.  Now I will stamp some of those images but different ones on the same piece of card - thereby cutting 3 at once.  I know its logical but I didn't think of it at first - mainly because I was trying to find the right die for the topper.

That's been the creative part of my day today - more tomorrow.  Almost time for bed now.  Night night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post