just chatting again

Hi everyone - well what a day it has been!  But the weather seems to have calmed at last - mind you it is just coming up to 10:00pm.

Didn't we have some downpours?  During my workshop this morning the hailstones were positively bouncing off the car park surface.

So! My 2 crochet workshops went well today - it is one of the earliest crafts I ever learnt to do & mainly taught myself.  My take on learning some things is - get the general idea going & then get down to the why's & wherefores to the correct way to do it.  If in fact there is a correct way.

From the point of a subject like crochet - does it matter if you don't quite hold the hook right or wrap the yarn around your fingers / hand correctly - or the assumed correct way?  Are you creating the item that you set out to create - is it coming out as it should - if the answer is yes - you are the winner. That is how I teach people to crochet.  I have 2 ladies who look like they are half way between crochet & knitting - their work is beautiful.  So go for it.  If my ladies go away happy - so am I.  End of story.

No idea where that rant came from.  I think it was because I heard a lady who was walking past my group this afternoon say - "ooh my mother taught me to crochet years ago - never got the hang of it - oh, I didn't hold it like that". Perhaps you should have done!!!!!

So - stamping?  Well with 2 workshops today - no stamping done by me.  But, fingers crossed I have a stamping day tomorrow & more Christmas cards will be put together & finished.  Also on the subject of stamping I am finalising the first 3 months programme of 2014 for the clubs. Hope you like what I have decided upon.  Still plenty of time for you to come forward with your ideas.

That#s me for tonight - sleep well - night night.

Comments

  1. I learnt to crochet by watching my Mum do it! She was very left-handed and held the yarn quite strangely but, I can do it and I think I hold it oddly too :) I too am a leftie but not quite so much as she was - I like to say I'm 'ambiguous' (yes, I know what it really means) but I think it does help me be a little more dexterous when wrapping yarn round either hand.

    I'm glad your workshops are doing well.

    Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post