A blue day!

Hi everyone

Yes  -  blue day but not because I have been sad.

I set to & made my samples for some of my future workshops today & that is where the blue came in - as after I had finished all three projects I noticed that they were all blue based.  I didn't spot it as I went along - I just looked through the paper, cards & items I wanted to use & there it was.

I had to make a new penny roller or some call it penny slider; a waterfall card & my gift box card.




I have to admit I had quite a problem with the roller mechanism & in fact had to take it off & try again. I needed thicker foam tape & putting 2 thin layers on top of each other was quite fiddly.

Oh yes & the other thing about these 3 projects - 2 of them were Christmas.

I really enjoyed making this waterfall card.

Everything just went together so well.  When you pull on the ribboned tab & the waterfall rolls backwards the Christmas greeting appears from underneath.

I am not sure where this paper came from - a magazine possibly.  Judging by the quality of the papers I would think it was from an issue of Making Cards.

The design came in this blue & a deep dark red.

I added silver corners & there is a silver edge to the white ribbon.  I think it would benefit from a little glitter & I do mean a little.  Just to add a winter sparkle.

This is the outside view of the gift box card.

It is blue again - but the floral layer on the front has a creamy background with blue & brown flowers on.

The papers were double sided so I used the reverse side of an off cut to hold my sentiment.

There were some matching flowers in cream & blue - so I cut out 3 of the blue ones cutting around the petals & placed them in the bottom corner.

I then edged the two long side of the floral layer with silver border peel offs, & also outlined the sentiment tag as well.


This is a view of the inside of the gift box card showing the drawer slightly open.

The inside is decorated with a layer of similar floral paper to the front - this time in blue.  Again I used an off cut to create a panel for writing a message, which I outlined with silver border peel offs, as well down the 2 long sides of the floral layer.

I have had problems sometimes in the past when making this gift box card - with measurements & score lines not always being true. 

So today I used the Hougie board to do my scoring - result absolutely perfect.  What a worthwhile purchase that was. 

I am really pleased with today's work, especially the gift box card.  I won't want to give it away.  It can be made any size you want as the measurements are built around the size of the gift that is going in the drawer.  I made one a couple of years ago (the first one in fact) for Sue when I put in the drawer her present, which was an A5 sheet of unmounted stamps - the drawer was not very deep obviously.  That was trickier than making a deeper version.

Yes, indeed a good days work.  Hope you have had a good day whatever colour it was.

That's me for tonight - more tomorrow, after I have been to Mold club meeting.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post